if you’re a lazy ass like me who just doesn’t want to due with asking people to change with you.
I wanna bank in 228 coins (72 50cent, 36 20cents, 110 10cents, 10 5cents) = $65.5
Currently I have 5 Options to choose from:
- Posb/Dbs – Charges $0.012 per coin (Cost : $ 2.74)
- Singapore Mint – Charges $3.75 for every 1,000 coins (Cost : $3.75)
- OCBC – Charges $1.50 for every 100 coins (Cost : $4.5)
- Citibank – Charges $5 for total coin value below $200 (Cost : $5)
- Standard Chartered – Charges $5 for total coin value between $20-$100 (Cost : $5)
- UOB – Free for the first 199 piece/ Subsequent $1 for every 200 pieces (Waived for junior account holder) – Courtesy from Kj 🙂
As you can see the cheaper option for me now is to bank it in through Posb/Dbs [As i do not have a UOB account] with a total cost of $.274. Due to the little amount of coins I have, it makes no sense for me to be depositing through Singapore Mint (even though it is the cheapest) as i will charged the full amount of 1,000 coins ($3.75).
I need to get a new piggy bank for the 1,000 coin:(